Friday, September 02, 2022

simply the best

Today was full of house stuff. I spent the morning finishing the paint cleanup  - pulling up dropcloths (which I shook out over my balcony and then dropped into the yard so that I wouldn't be hauling piles of paint dust through the house), vacuuming, cleaning the paint sprayer, etc. The paint job looks great and I'm really happy with the color (Gray Timber Wolf, which seems on brand), so I'm looking forward to finally finishing my bedroom decor. The biggest upgrade right now is using my proper bedside tables rather than the cardboard boxes I've used for the past ten months - they served me well, but it's time for real furniture.

I spent the afternoon alternating between procrastinating, doing four loads of laundry, moving furniture and other things around upstairs, and generally hanging out. And then I took a break to watch the US Open and what would turn out to be Serena's last match. While I'm not into tennis, I think Serena is great, and it was really moving to see her push through and play so well (even if she ultimately came up short). And I cried some cathartic tears at the end, so that was a fun way to spend a Friday evening.

Less fun is that I forgot that I was going to cook some chicken today, and I didn't want it to spoil, so I just poached some chicken at 11:30pm. And since the loads of laundry were mostly bedding, I also had to make my bed to be able to sleep in it (although it's mostly made now, so at least I can go to sleep sometime soon). But now I think it's time to wind down and go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: