Friday, September 16, 2022

hypnotized by you if i should linger

I had a v. nice last day in Denver, although I should perhaps have rearranged my schedule to go home a day earlier given that I didn't have much to do today. My brunch plans unfortunately fell through, so I spent the morning writing in the lobby (and wrote a v. weird scene that I wasn't expecting, which was kind of fun). Then I took myself out for lunch - I went to Hapa Sushi, which I enjoyed, but it really doesn't compare to getting any sort of Japanese food in SF, so it wasn't as good as I sometimes remember it being. Then, I walked around Cherry Creek for a bit and stopped into some home stores to browse products that I might want to order for my house in Iowa.

But at some point I had no interest in browsing, and no interest in buying anything, so I came back to my hotel, relaxed for awhile, and then did a couple of hours of work at the hotel bar. Then, I got an uber to tonight's plan, which made it utterly worth staying in Denver today - Katie and I had a v. lovely dinner at Bar Dough. We were supposed to have dinner at Fifth String, but they had a plumbing problem and canceled our reservation. So, Katie and I split a bottle of rosé and two gluten free pizzas (one of which was notably better than the other) and caught up for as long as we could sit there. I miss seeing her as much as I did when I lived here, but luckily I can always lure her into a chat about gossip from our hometown, so I'm sure we'll talk as much as we usually do.

Then I came back to my hotel and did a whole lot of nothing, which means I should go to bed so I can get up and pack in time to head to the airport. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: