Tuesday, September 27, 2022

so i woke up with entropy defined

I woke up this morning not feeling great, and I still don't feel great - but my covid test was negative, so I'm hoping that my stuffiness/congestion doesn't turn into anything else. When I got up, I made coffee, talked to [censored] for a bit, and then wrote off and on in several different sessions throughout the day. I'm doing some deeper plotting / ideation, which is turning over some interesting potential avenues of exploration, and I want to keep nurturing that early, fragile world of the story so that I can better uncover it.

At some point I talked to Alyssa again, and I also took a nap, both of which were good. And I had a hilarious / concerning / bizarre FedEx experience. I got a text saying my package was delivered, but I knew it actually hadn't been. So I checked the photo that was sent as proof of delivery, and for some reason they delivered it to a (hopefully abandoned) house that had a ton of trash piled in front of it. I say hopefully abandoned because I hope no one actually lives there, but in this town all things are possible. I couldn't discern my box in the piles of trash, but the photo was a bit concerning. So, I decided to drive around and look for the house and/or the FedEx driver - but then [censored] texted me to say that my package was at home, since the FedEx driver either realized their mistake or was auto-pinged that they had delivered in the wrong GPS location. All's well that ends well, I guess, and I'm glad that my new pillowcases are in my house instead of in a pile of debris somewhere else.

Eventually, I had to get ready for dinner (after [censored] v. graciously helped me attach the back to my second adirondack chair). I met up with Hannah about an hour away - we had not seen each other in ages, since I saw basically no one while I was home last year and also haven't made much of an effort since moving back. She seemed to be in good form, and it's nice to know that I'll probably see her more regularly going forward. I probably should have canceled given that I don't feel perfect - but in this case, I thought that she would be hurt / not believe my reasons if I canceled on dinner. So hopefully I don't get sick, and also hopefully I don't get her sick, but we shall see.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: