Tuesday, September 13, 2022

fill up the engine, we can drive real far

This is my last day in the city of sin, and I feel like I've made the most of my time here. Today was a low-key way to live my best life...I got almost nine hours of sleep, had coffee while getting ready, and then drove to the Marina for brunch. That was a bittersweet excursion since Terry and I lived there for years and obviously don't any longer, and covid had changed things to the point that you now order on an app from your table to avoid all human contact. But still, it was a nice place to spend the morning.

Then, I went to my favorite spa in the city to get a v long massage. I didn't enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed some massages, but I think it was good for my body (even if I overheated). After it was done, I took a shower, got ready, and drove south ...

... where I had a sleepover with the Shedletsky family. I arrived early, so we had many hours to catch up and entertain each other, which was great. And Shedletsky made an excellent tri tip and potatoes au gratin, and Bride of Shedletsky made an amazing flourless chocolate cake, and a good time was had by all.

And now I need to sleep so I can leave in the morning - goodnight!


No comments: