Saturday, September 10, 2022

one to get up, one to get down

I'm v tired but also delighted, so I'll take that trade-off. Yesterday I flew to San Francisco, with the sole intent of giving myself a slightly bougie, slightly debauched, mostly relaxing birthday weekend. Yesterday was unfortunately none of those things (except bougie) - my flights were on time and yet I spent two hours trying to get out of SFO after touchdown, which was an hour and thirty minutes more than I had planned. So, I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, which made my sad.

But I got up in time for a mani/pedi appointment at my favorite nail place, and they also waxed my eyebrows... so, I was aesthetically helped to get into my city persona. Then I went to Philz to complete my city reboot (although I order Philz beans to Iowa, so it's not an exclusive SF-persona thing anymore).

After coffee, I had an extended lunch/writing brainstorm session with my writing friends - Barbara invited us to her backyard, and Anne, Grace, and Veronica were all able to make it. We had a lot to discuss, and unfortunately I could only stay four hours, which wasn't enough ...

But then I sped to the city of sin, checked into my hotel, spent ten minutes freshening up, and then took an Uber to Beretta to have dinner with Katrina. We had a v long, leisurely catch up over a v tasty squid ink risotto and a gluten free mushroom pizza, both of which were excellent. The company was excellent too, and we walked around briefly after with the intent of hanging out...

But then I hit a new point of exhaustion, probably because I was tired after twelve hours of nonstop people/driving, and also because I was cold (I stupidly wore open toed shoes - the heatwave in the city is definitely over because we needed heat lamps at dinner). So, we parted ways and I came back to my hotel and took a v ill advised nap for thirty minutes, which usually doesn't make me rally at night.

But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: