Saturday, September 03, 2022

if you've got the inclination i have got the crime

I did a bunch of house stuff today, which was a good use of time, but I'm starting to feel the itch to write more seriously / consistently. However, I'm still unpacking - so today I continued organizing and moving tings around the house. I also spent quite a bit of time prepping some cobb salads for the week - I love them, but they're a little labor intensive. But since I can't get one doordash'd to my house, occasionally I have to expend the effort to make them myself.

At some point, my mom showed up to check out the paint job in my bedroom (which does look great, I must say). Then I finished cleaning my kitchen, took a shower, and greeted [censored], who gave me a tour of [censored]. as evening rolled up, we went out to the parents' house for dinner, where we had brats and baked beans and potatoes like any good midwesterner. Tonight was the first night in months that I felt a little bit of a chill, and I'm not sure how I feel about that - but winter is inevitable, so I supposed I can't complain.

After supper, my niece and her fiancé came over to visit - I hadn't seen Allie and Chris for awhile (since Christmas, maybe??), so it was great that they were around this weekend. We ended up going to the old soda fountain in town (which is run by volunteers, and is a restoration of the old soda fountain I used to go to when I was a kid), and it was a delight to hang out. I got a coke float, which is not what my go-to order was at the soda fountain as a kid - I usually got cherry cokes, or lemon cokes, or vanilla shakes. But it was tasty and brought back memories, so I'll take it.

Then we came back to my place and gave them the tour of my gigantic bedrooms / tiny bathrooms. Allie declared that I'm too bougie for this town, which is probably true. And we Hanseled-and-Greteled them into doing some manual labor here - and by that I mean we lured children to an isolated house with the promise of treats/ice cream, and then got them to lift a [censored] for [censored]. But it all worked out and my homeowners policy won't have to pay for any injury claims, so I feel good about that.

And now, I really need to sleep so that I can continue my unpacking extravaganza tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: