Saturday, September 17, 2022

these days i miss strangers more than i, more than i miss my friends

I am back in ye olde Iowa after a long and fruitful trip to my former haunts. Today was a slow but steady slog toward the airport and then home - I had plenty of time to get ready while drinking free hotel coffee (surprisingly good!), and then I got to the airport early enough to have my beloved Cantina Grill before boarding my plane. The flight was uneventful, with a bit of uneasy turbulence, and we landed on time.

Then I picked up my car and drove home - the first thirty minutes were in a total downpour, which was made slightly more annoying by the fact that it's barely rained here in months and chose today to rain all over me (and over the local celebration that I missed, but which I'm sure was made less fun by rain). When I got home, I talked briefly to [censored], and then we went out to our parents' house for dinner. The bratwurst were tasty, as usual, and Stinky (the local skunk) was v. polite and left when we needed him to, so everything worked out.

And now, I need to get a million hours of sleep and then start detoxing from all the wine / gluten / lack of sleep I've had the past week - goodnight!

No comments: