Tuesday, December 13, 2022

all of the people i've ghosted stand there in the room

I had a pretty good day, all in all - I didn't get as much done as I intended to, but it wasn't a bad effort. My kitchen remodel continues to move forward at a decent clip, but it also continues to be somewhat distracting. And I had to have a ham sandwich for lunch, but this is not really a hardship, since secretly I would eat a ham (or bologna, or tuna) sandwich basically any day of the week.

My main activity today was crashing the Garden Club - and by that, I mean that my mom invited me to go with the other Garden Club ladies to a wreath-making activity at a local Christmas tree farm. I'm not a member of said Garden Club, but there is an 80% overlap between Garden Club and the other group I'm in with my mom, so I know everyone there (and obviously also know the 20% who don't overlap). The Christmas tree farm was super cute - they had a nice gift shop in a former one-room schoolhouse that they had moved to the site, and their 'barn' was set up to make wreaths in. They'd preformed the wreaths, but we were able to decorate it however we wanted - and I'm quite happy with how mine turned out (even if I needed help making an appropriate ribbon/bow).

After we were finished, we came home, and my mom and I had to crawl out of Lee Ann's trunk to escape the car due to too much greenery being loaded into the car between us and the normal exit. And now, I should go to bed (or at least start winding down) - goodnight!

No comments: