Friday, December 30, 2022

i'm telling lies to keep myself from hurting those around you

I've had a fairly nice and productive couple of days - today was a redo of part of the Christmas we were supposed to have last week, since Aunt Kathy, Drewbaby, and Sammie came down for the day. To feed this crew, I had volunteered to roast a pork butt....but due to my remodel + other activities, that meant roasting it overnight. I set up my probe thermometer on the counter and then set up a camera to look at the thermometer so that I could check it from my bedroom, but I still got up repeatedly throughout the night to check the camera (and, a couple of times, come downstairs to adjust the temps). The pork butt turned out pretty perfect, if I do say so myself, but I'm tired as a result of all my interrupted sleep.

However, it was worth it, since lunch (pulled pork + baked potato bar + a salad I like to make with greens/cranberries/pecans/apples/goat cheese) was delicious. We hung out most of the day, and it was a really delightful interlude in the midst of all of my remodeling.

After they headed back to the city, I caught a ride home with [censored], who then installed my kitchen sink (which is a huge win). I mostly spent the evening taking care of a bunch of small tasks that have been piling up in my inbox - I'm trying to start 2023 with a clean(er) slate, so I'm working my way through myriad tings that I've been ignoring.

And now, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: