Saturday, December 03, 2022

see they can trigger me but they never figure me out

I successfully got more than eight hours of sleep last night, which put a dent in my sleep deficit and made today feel much better than the last few days. I'm still short on sleep, and I definitely should have gone to bed an hour ago - but hopefully I can recover a bit more sleep tonight.

After I woke up, I made some coffee, and then watched [censored] peel up the vinyl from my kitchen floor for future use in a [censored]. The vinyl was laid over the top of what was probably the house's original linoleum, and neither choice was great - the vinyl was very dark and oppressive in the already-dark kitchen, while the linoleum was a harvest gold color with a leaf pattern in some of the squares, which feels like autumn all year round. But the vinyl was still in good shape and had only been glued down at the edges of the room, so [censored] was able to cut it and roll it up without much issue.

I spent various parts of the morning / afternoon organizing my office, which is still a work in progress - I'm getting close to the point where I can consider hanging art, but I'm not quite there yet. Also, [censored] was an excellent buddy and installed the closet organizers in my bedroom today - I'd painted the closets right before Thanksgiving, but [censored] offered to install the organizers since [censored] has done this before and also has the right tools/hardware to speed up the process. I'm pretty excited that they're in, since my clothes have been disorganized since I moved in (and one closet rod collapsed under the weight of them). So, tomorrow's project is likely my bedroom.

We took a break around six to have a traditional roast at my parents' house (if it can be considered traditional to have roast on Saturday night instead of Sunday afternoon). Then, the four of us saw the light decorations out at the fairgrounds - as has happened for the past few years, various groups and businesses and individuals decorated a bunch of displays out at the fairgrounds, and there were also Christmas trees decorated inside one of the buildings. There were some really great displays - some favorites includes a Pioneer seed dealer with a light-up display showing corn (in the form of yellow lights) coming out of a combine; an auto body shop with a car that had hit some light-up deer; one of the local church's take on a Nativity scene painted on boards; the school arts classes' painted snowman display; and a tree made by the Language Arts classes at school that was made of books, which included some of the American lit textbooks that [censored] and I had in high school. All in all it was pretty lovely, so I'm glad we went.

Then [censored] and I came home and finished my second closet, and then I came upstairs and had a glass of wine and wrote for awhile (and discovered some tings that I need to ponder, which is what happens with this book). And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: