Thursday, December 08, 2022

you can't be bothered with those just for the night boys

So, [censored] has granted permission to disclose that [censored] is the one who exposed me to covid, by having covid and sharing a house with me. This has made for a strange couple of days - [censored] came home Tuesday feeling unwell, and eventually took a covid test, which was positive. The layout of my house + the ongoing construction makes actual quarantining from each other pretty much impossible, so I'm hoping my existing immunity carries me through. So far, I've tested negative every day, but it's unclear whether that will last.

Of course, I texted our contractor (Randy) to let him know about [censored]'s illness, but he decided to keep working anyway. But, since it's a small town and Randy isn't under any HIPAA restrictions (or any contract at all, actually), the guys at the lumber yard already knew [censored] was sick when I went in there yesterday. So, this may mean I won't get to go to Lorena's funeral...but it looks like it will be livestreamed, so at least there's that.

sssanyway, I spent the day being distracted by remodel stuff, which seems to be how I'm spending most of my days. Randy's making quick progress, though - he painted today, and then his cousin came to help bring in all the lower cabinets so that he can start setting them. Unfortunately, this meant the plumbing around the sink has to get rearranged, which [censored] had committed to doing - and so [censored] rallied from his deathbed to do it, which I felt quite bad about. Luckily, it got done, but hopefully [censored] is able to rest the rest of the week.

After that, [censored] and I ate leftovers from last night's cooking, and then I came upstairs and finished the book I started the other night (SWEEP IN PEACE, which is the third book in this cute/fun Innkeeper series that I am enjoying). And now, I'm going to take the unusual step of going to bed at 10:30 in an attempt to continue staving off the 'rona - goodnight!

No comments: