Monday, December 26, 2022

i fell through corridors of broken floors

I'm beyond exhausted, but today went fairly smoothly. I had thought my contractor was taking today off, but he was bored and decided to work - luckily he texted at 7:45 and I heard it in time to get out of bed before he got here. Then I did a bunch of stuff around the house, showered, ate a sandwich, and went with [censored] to our sister's house for a Christmas hangout.

Her whole family was there, including a bunch of kids and two dogs (one of whom was a smaller version of the other one). My parents were also there, and so we hung out for a couple of hours and talked about various tings. It was a nice afternoon, and I'm glad we were able to get together despite the cold (and the fact that scheduling with that group is hard due to all the various family commitments).

After that, [censored] and I were both wiped out, but we decided to drive to Des Moines to pick up a shower pan that had to get picked up by tomorrow. This was definitely not on the way home, but luckily we got up there and were able to fit it into [censored]'s truck. We also picked up a couple of other remodel tings, then drove home (with a stop at Taco John's on the way). And then I dragged my trash bin through the snow and cold to set it out for tomorrow's pickup, which was about as much exertion as I had energy left for.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: