Tuesday, December 27, 2022

east to the west the event horizon

My remodel continues...I'm glad it's going well, because it's incredibly distracting even though it's mostly been as smooth as it can be. I had to get up even earlier than usual today because my countertops were getting delivered sometime around eight a.m. (midwest hours are stupid) and I needed to move my car and move stuff in the garage to facilitate that. It's still completely frigid outside even though it's better than it was, so some early morning car moving / snow shoveling was not really ideal, but it all worked out.

Happily, Randy got the main countertop installed, for the most part, today, and it looks fantastic. This required a bunch of help from [censored], who continues to be far more useful to this project than I am (my contribution is mostly in design/financing/choosing fixtures that are complicated to install). But the countertop is going to be great, especially when the contrasting white backsplash is in, and I expect that I'll have a sink by the weekend (just in time to tear out [censored]'s bathroom). And [censored] figured out how to knock out the right holes in the sink to install some accessories, so that's all great as well.

At some point, Randy took his usual lunch break, so [censored] and I ran out to the parents' house and stole some of their leftovers for lunch. Then I spent the afternoon continuing to monitor project progress while researching other things (like shower heads and vanity lights). Someday I can stop making design decisions with my most awake/focused hours, but it is not this day.

For dinner, we went back to the parents' house and ate the last of the leftover ham balls, along with some fresh new scalloped potatoes. We also saw three skunks, one of which has the opposite coloring of a usual skunk and also a gaping head wound, which is interesting but also something I would have preferred not to see.

And now, I really need to sleep so I can do a million things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: