Sunday, December 25, 2022

keep me up until the body disagrees

Merry Christmas! I had a really lovely holiday, even if I did have to set my alarm for 7:15 to avoid keeping the family waiting for too long. We spent the morning engaged in our usual long, leisurely opening of gifts, which was really nice - I was happy with the gifts I gave and delighted with the gifts I received, so it all came together well. Among the gifts were several cookbooks, which I will put to good use, and a smart garden to grow herbs / veggies indoors, which I'm v. excited about. I also got the usual assortment of pen/ink, cookware, and other gifts, and the unusual addition of a rubber-band gun that's a replica of a James Bond handgun. So all in all, I'm excited to use all of it!

After we finished gifts, my mom made a delicious breakfast casserole and some muffins, which went very well with the equally delicious ambrosia that my dad made last night. Then we relaxed (and I snuck in a nap and a shower) before playing two games of Ticket to Ride. I can't remember who won, but I guess I had a good time. (jk, [censored] won both games, which was good for [censored] and annoying for everyone else)

After that, we hung out for awhile and had a v. tasty prime rib for dinner - it was far superior to the prime rib we usually get at the restaurant we occasionally go to for prime rib. Then, [censored] and I came back into town, and I took care of various tings until now.

And now, after a wonderful holiday (marred only by the fact that most of it was canceled), it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: