Monday, December 05, 2022

all my dreams pass before my eyes a curiosity

Today didn't start out at planned - [censored] called to tell me that our neighbor Lorena had passed away overnight. She's an institution here and one of my favorite people, and I had told her a week ago that I would stop by sometime soon - which made this pretty shocking and sad, since now "soon" is too late. She was in her eighties and had been frail, so it's not entirely unexpected....but she's also been heavily involved in the town and around my entire life. She and her husband own the land across the road from my parents, which stretches into town, and her house is only a couple hundred yards from mine - so I could see it from my office today and think of her.

So, I was a bit discombobulated this morning, but I still got up in time for my kitchen remodel work to being again. I spent most of the day in my office, getting some tings done and journaling and moving things around. At some point, I took a walk to pay my water bill - I feel like I need to take a walk when it's over forty degrees, which is was today.

Later, I made dinner (sweet and sour pork in the instant pot, which tasted great but didn't need to be cooked in an instant pot if I had a real stove, since stir frying it would have been faster) and watched/listened to three of the videos from my Vegas conference. The sessions were recorded and are slowly coming online, so I made a list of what I want to catch up on. I got some good tidbits out of what I watched tonight, so I'll try to make my way through more of them this week.

And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: