Friday, December 23, 2022

i can bring the vibe down from ten to zero

I had a pretty lazy first half of the day, despite the fact that [censored] was diligently working on house projects - I tried to explain to [censored] that I'm managerial and that salaried positions like that usually have this week off, but that excuse didn't go over so well. However, I did make excellent scrambled eggs and hashbrowns, which should have earned me some points.

While most of our Christmas festivities were canceled due to inclement weather (translation: it's fucking miserably, dangerously cold), we're still getting together with the parents this weekend (they live a mile away, which is doable). So, I spent the afternoon cooking in preparation for our weekend activities. This mostly meant making twice baked potatoes for tomorrow - I made a v. large batch so I can freeze some for later eating, and I'm excited to have a stockpile in my freezer.

I also made chicken tacos for dinner tonight, which I took out to their house in the instant pot and finished cooking there. My mom made beef taco meat, and we had a taco spread for dinner tonight - it was all pretty tasty, and worth nearly freezing my skin off on the walk from the truck to the house. I still have a lot to do before Christmas (namely, wrapping + making ham balls), but it should all be good.

And now, I should consider going to sleep so that I can get a million tings done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: