Friday, December 02, 2022

now everyone report to the dance floor

I'm so beyond exhausted, as evidenced by the fact that I was in my pajamas with my contacts out by 7:30. It's probably partially too much people time in the last couple of weeks - Vegas rolling straight into Thanksgiving and then a remodel was a lot. But it's also just straight-up lack of sleep causing me to feel like I'm a shambling zombie.

Today, I absolutely had to run a quick errand to Des Moines to pick up tile samples, swap out a stove cord for another cord, and get some stuff for my office closet project. I also went to Costco, mostly to get wine and popcorn (the fact that I live off those things when I have no functioning might also explain why I'm a shambling zombie). But my trip was v smooth and as fast as I could make it, so I was home by four.

When I got here, I unloaded my car, and then [censored] and I agreed to an early dinner out to beat the rush. We went to the Mexican place, which was as tasty as usual - I wasn't super hungry, but I'll be happy to have the leftovers tomorrow.

When we got home, I should have done house stuff...but [censored] grew up with me and also shared a tiny apartment in Ukraine for a year, and so when [censored] says I should get some sleep before I get mean, it's probably accurate. So I came upstairs and alternated between journaling/phone scrolling/dozing until now. And now, I shall go to sleep and hopefully get ten hours - but my contractor is coming to do some stuff in the morning, which means I can't be quite as lazy as I want to be. Goodnight!

No comments: