Saturday, December 24, 2022

you listen to coltrane, derail your own train

Merry Christmas Eve! I had an excellent day, mostly because I won the first game of Ticket to Ride that we played in a couple of years. After that, nothing can go wrong.

The rest of the day was good too - I got some stuff done around the house this morning, did some quick kettlebell swings, and ate a sandwich for lunch. I also made chocolate chip chewies in the construction zone that is my kitchen, and they were pretty perfect.

Eventually, [censored] and I loaded a bunch of stuff into his truck, braced the still-very-cold weather, and came out to the parents' house. When we got here, I used my mom's grinder to grind some ham, and then I mixed up a batch of ham balls. We were able to play Ticket to Ride while they were baking (did I mention I won?), and then dinner was easy because my mom had already made layered lettuce, deviled eggs, and apricot salad, and I'd made twice baked potatoes. It was all yummy, and was a good test run of what we would have had for the full family Christmas if it hadn't been canceled.

After dinner, Dad made ambrosia, [censored] and I cleaned our respective rooms (although [censored] helped me with vacuuming and with moving my mattress/box spring), and then we finished wrapping presents. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: