Tuesday, December 06, 2022

take a seat near the imitator

I had a pretty good day, although I'm trying to stave off what may be a cold or may be something else, and so I tried to be as relaxed as possible. I made myself a big pot of tea and spent most of the morning curled up on the chaise in my bedroom, drinking tea and brainstorming my book. I was testing out a technique I learned in a writing video I watched last night, and it was an interesting way to approach my plotting problem.

At some point, I had lunch (leftover chicken and wild rice soup), did some more writing, and took a nap. Then, I put on makeup and jewelry (an unusual step for me on most Tuesdays these days!) and had a call with my former big boss (not the original big boss - the VP who I worked for for several years in my last role). She'd emailed me a few days ago asking how I was doing, and I was delighted to hear from her, so we set up time to chat. And no, I'm not going back to my former employer for a fourth time - but she was v. encouraging (unsolicitedly) of me thinking about getting into some advisory or consulting work. It was an interesting convo and gave me some things to think about, even if my focus through the end of the year is remodeling my house and getting deeper into my book.

After that, I did some house stuff, ate dinner (leftover sweet and sour pork), and journaled. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: