Wednesday, December 07, 2022

let's all move to madrid

I did more today than I intended, which is perhaps a good thing. I got up in time to make tea and take care of some stuff before Randy came to start working on my kitchen. I also got a delivery from my beloved Room and Board - I got some new bookshelves for my office + shelves to fit in the weird alcoves in my bedroom, and they look great (although they're still empty because I didn't have time to fill them up today).

I had a long chat with Katie to discuss funeral plans for Lorena (tl;dr I might not go because I've been exposed to covid, which meant Katie didn't want to stay with me if she came back)...and of course, we discussed a lot of other ridiculous tings as well. After that, [censored] and I had lunch (leftovers), and I ran a couple of errands to stock up on supplies. And I talked to Alyssa, who was in fine form.

After that, I messed around for a bit, and then I made two full entrees - a beef stew and the usual chicken burrito bowls. I perhaps spent more energy than I should have cooking, but it means that [censored] and I have food for a couple of days, and that seemed like a worthy endeavor. Both turned out quite well, if I do say so myself, even if they took more time than usual to make and clean up from due to the lack of a kitchen. [censored] and I also watched a video of the time our great-uncle Fred was on a game show back in the sixties, which [censored] didn't remember hearing about but which we were able to find thanks to the miracles of YouTube.

And now, I really need to get some sleep - goodnight!

No comments: