Friday, December 09, 2022

buy for me the rain, my darling

I had an okay day - I'm still testing negative for covid, but I'm not convinced that I'm out of the woods. I think that means I should drink an emergen-c and go to bed at ten, when what I want to do is drink half a bottle of zinfandel and watch the Harry and Meghan documentary. Being an adult is hard.

I didn't get much done today due to being distracted by my remodel, but the remodel is moving forward apace - Randy moved some more plumbing this morning, and then set a few cabinets this afternoon, and also put in some of the can lights. I'm pretty excited about how I think this is all going to look, and I'm also anxious to see it all come together and hoping that I didn't make any design mistakes. We shall see, we shall see.

Today was also Lorena's visitation, which I would have definitely gone to under normal circumstances (even though I'm sure it was v. packed + the superspreader event of the season). Since I am still negative for covid but also not convinced I'm not a carrier, I didn't really feel like I should go stand in line and potentially expose others while also potentially bringing flu or RSV back to [censored]. However, this being a small town and all, I decided to just call the funeral home and see if they were letting anyone in early to see Lorena. They told me I could come a little after 1pm, so I went - and I'm glad I got to see her, even if she didn't look right because I have never, ever seen her when she wasn't either laughing or completely engaged with whoever she was with. Losing her is really sad for the town, and for her family and friends, and for me. Unfortunately, [censored] wasn't able to go due to his continued 'rona, but the funeral is livestreamed, so at least there's that.

Tonight, I felt like doing nothing, so [censored] and I watched 'A Million Ways to Die in the West' and ate leftover burrito bowls. And now, I am going to go to bed and hope I continue feeling okay tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: