Wednesday, December 14, 2022

i am the traveler, third class

Editor's note: after a letter to the editor (aka a verbal comment from [censored]), I must print a correction to my earlier entry referencing David Letterman's interview of Volodymyr Zelenskyy. Mr. Letterman did not "fly to Kiev"; instead, he flew to Poland and took an overnight train to Kiev, which featured in the early part of the show. We regret this error and apologize to all who were offended by this remark (and also apologize for missing the opportunity to play "Train Across Ukraine").

I had a pretty nice day, all in all - it helped that the sun was finally out for a brief, glorious period, which instantly lifted my mood. I spent some time organizing / cleaning my bathroom, and I also added more clothes to my closets. My mom also stopped by to inspect the progress in the kitchen - she missed a lot of updates since [censored] had covid and so we were avoiding our parents, but the bulk of the cabinets are placed now, so it looks pretty great.

At some point, I ran a couple of errands and then said farewell to [censored]. And then, I went to my secret society's Christmas party - we did it in the back of the local pizza place, and my mom and I split a couple of gluten free pizzas (which was gluttonous on my part, but also intentional since I wanted leftovers to eat tomorrow). We had a nice time playing a variety of Christmas-themed games, and I got some cute Christmas decorations in our gift exchange.

And now, I should sleep so that I can continue to enjoy the remodel noises tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: