Sunday, December 11, 2022

the tick tock of the clock is painful

I had a decent weekend - the main point is that I somehow still am testing negative for covid, despite having Patient Zero (aka [censored]) in my house for the past five days (and for the weekend before that). This is good news, of course, since I don't really want to get covid - but I'm still paranoid that I'm going to succumb. If I do, at least I'll be through it by Christmas. We shall see, we shall see.

The other big event of the weekend was, of course, Lorena's funeral. Due to the fact that [censored] had covid and I was afraid I might be a carrier (and that the funeral itself would be a superspreader event for every respiratory disease in the county), I sadly didn't attend - but luckily [censored] and I were able to watch the livestream. The livestream didn't work initially, but her grandson ended up streaming it on Facebook, so we saw most of it. It was a really lovely tribute for an incredible woman who lived an incredible life, and while I wish I had spent more time with her this fall, I'm grateful for all the memories I have of her over the years.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uninteresting - I had intended to watch a livestream from my favorite Dutch theatre troupe (long story), but they canceled at the last minute because an actor was injured, so I hope they're okay. Beyond that, I continued to try to cook in the midst of construction, and I also did some more organizing in my office. I realize it may be unclear why I still have anything left to organize - but between going through boxes that I haven't opened in half a decade, along with getting a bunch of bookshelves delivered last week so that I wouldn't have to triple-stack my books, I've enjoyed getting my office properly set up. I'm hoping to have all of my remaining (upstairs) boxes unpacked before my Christmas guests arrive, but we'll see whether covid and construction cooperate. And I really want to write more this week than I have been, so organizing may take a backburner.

I ended tonight with a friendship renewal call, and it's always fun to catch up with that crew. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: