Saturday, February 25, 2023

broken windows and broken tiles, frozen willows will go for miles

I got up this morning and engaged in a bunch of cleaning in my kitchen / living room in case a friend of [censored]'s stopped by - spoiler, the friend did not stop by, but I got a clean kitchen and mostly clean living room out of it, so it was still worthwhile. My renovated kitchen continues to be delightful, and I'm happy with how it turned out - and it's even better when it's freshly scrubbed / dusted / swept.

After that, I spent some time this afternoon sorting through tings in my bedroom and office so that I can do the final bit of organizing to make both of them feel finished. Even after that's over, there's still a final final stage in which I hang art and other items, but for now, the focus is on no longer having a random hodgepodge of stuff on the floor (which is hard, since my bedroom is absurdly shaped and is both probably larger than any two of my previous bedrooms combined + also has no storage space). I made progress, so we'll see what tomorrow holds.

Eventually, [censored] took me on a tour of [censored], which remains an alarming delight. It's best explored on days like today, when it's too cold for wasps, and also when the sun is still out so that it's too light for bats. We grabbed some postcards that are tangentially related to the volunteer project I'm working on, said hi to all of my childhood modes of transportation (my tricycle, two bikes, and a scooter), and skedaddled before we ran into any trouble.

Then we went to the parents' house, where my mom made an excellent roast. We then played Ticket to Ride, which my mom was determined to win; unfortunately, she lost to [censored] by about ten points, but she roundly beat my dad and I, so at least there's that.

And now, I should go to sleep (which is what I should have done two hours ago) - goodnight!

No comments: