Sunday, February 26, 2023

we barely notice as the pages disappear, floating off into another year

I had a nice Sunday, although it would have been nicer if it were eighty degrees and sunny. I got up at a reasonably respectable hour and made breakfast for me and [censored] -- it was the usual Sunday affair with scrambled eggs (filled with bacon, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms) and hash browns, and it was v. tasty (if I do say so myself). We ate while watching most of the skits from last night's SNL -- they're definitely still rebuilding and I hope Keenan is in all the skits because he wants to be and not because no one else is capable (although I could see that being true). But there were some good moments, and Weekend Update was funny, so that was a worthwhile watch.

I then spent the afternoon doing some desultory office work, journaling, and riding my Peloton, which is finally fully set up and ready for use (after an absurd number of months of paying my subscription). It was really nice to ride again (after the first five minutes, when I thought it was the stupidest idea I'd had all day), so I'd like to make it into more of a regular part of my routine.

Eventually, I showered and then made supper. I made the usual instant pot burrito bowl at [censored]'s request, but I tested a tweaked version and added some diced Spanish chorizo to the mix. I was a little leery because tweaking pressure cooked recipes is a science that I don't yet understand, so I was worried I would burn it or make the bowl too wet/dry or perhaps cook the chorizo into oblivion. But it turned out really well and was a nice addition, so I'll probably add it on the occasions when I feel like driving to Des Moines to source Spanish chorizo (which isn't even at Whole Foods, I don't think - but I found the brand I used to buy in Denver at Cost Plus World Market, so hopefully that continues to be true).

After it was ready, we ate and watched an episode of Letterkenny. Then, I cleaned the kitchen, procrastinated a bit, and came upstairs to plan out the week ahead. I have a lot of stuff I have been putting off that I want to get done this week, and I want to get deeper into the book, so hopefully I've outlined a plan to make all of that happen. And now, it's time for bed (or maybe reading before bed) - goodnight!

No comments: