Thursday, February 16, 2023

it's eating through you, it's making its move

I had a v. productive day, especially considering that we got a lot of snow and I felt like it was a snow day. However, while [censored] did get a snow day, I had no one to tell me that I got a snow day as well, so I decided to proceed with business as usual.

Well, not entirely - I did sleep until almost ten. But then I got with it. I made some coffee, wrote four pages, showered, and ate a late lunch (cobb salads ftw). At that point, the snow was still falling quickly, so I watched it for a bit, and then I spent the afternoon painting in the bathroom. I finished all the surfaces that are standing in the way of [censored] being able to finish the plumbing, and so tomorrow I just have to paint above the entrance and closet doors (once) and paint the south wall (twice). This is entirely doable and feels much less precarious than trying to paint over the vanity / medicine cabinet / light bar, so things are getting close.

When I was done painting, I made burrito bowls for dinner, which were v. tasty. Then I came upstairs and intended to read a book - but on a whim, I picked up my Nintendo Switch (which I haven't played since the height of the pandemic) and started Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm like six years late to this party, and Nintendo is releasing a new Zelda game in three months, but I'd bought this sometime during the pandemic and then ended up not playing it. I was originally going to play Civilization, but my desktop is currently unplugged for reasons and I didn't want to play on my laptop....so Zelda it was. So far so good, although open ended games are dangerous for me because I can explore forever and possibly never go anywhere...but for now it's fun.

However, it also kept me up later than planned, and since I want to write and paint again tomorrow, I should probably sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: