Friday, February 24, 2023

good times never seemed so good

Sunday Scaries seemed to come early today, but since time is a meaningless construct and my weekdays and weekends are often flipped around, maybe that's not a surprise. I did get a couple of things done, and I ran an errand to get some pants and a dress hemmed - as per usual here, the person doing it is 82 and will charge basically nothing and also apologized that she won't have it done until early next week, but I had to spend thirty minutes giving her a full rundown of myself / my family + get a download of gossip from her. Since her son and her granddaughter, in a weird twist of family trees and timing, are both my age, there was of course plenty of gossip to be had.

I also had an impromptu writing date with my Bay Area people, which I was invited to because weather rained them out of getting together in person - we actually mostly talked instead of wrote, but it was good to see them. Then, [censored] and I got takeout from the Mexican place in town and ate it at the bar in our kitchen, where the only people to gossip with were each other instead of the tables around us. This was a good thing, since both of us have lots to do this weekend and gossip isn't high on the list.

Then we hung out, and I came upstairs with the intention of reading or doing something else mildly productive, but I failed (although I did try a new retinol product, so at least I did something for my vanity). And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: