Friday, February 10, 2023

sip the gossip, drink 'til you choke

I have v. little to report today - the sun was out, which was a welcome development, and it almost certainly helped my mood. I took care of a few tings around the house this morning, and then I made a quick trip to Des Moines to pick up some house stuff. It is absurd that I have to drive ~130 miles for lightbulbs, but that's the way it is. I was going to go only as far as Indianola, since my main goal was to get paint samples - but I went on to the south side of Des Moines to get the aforementioned lightbulbs, since [censored] is experimenting with different light temperatures for the bathroom.

That errand accomplished, I drove back to Indianola, got the paint samples, got some groceries, and came home. As soon as I got here, I put a pot roast in the oven - it was a new to me recipe, which is always dangerous, but I was in the mood to experiment. Then, I painted samples on the bathroom walls, which means we're committed to painting. And then, I had a chat with Veronica, since we hadn't debriefed since our retreat, and it was as lovely as always to talk.

Eventually, the roast was finally done, so [censored] and I ate dinner - and [censored] didn't seem to take offense to the fact that I put harissa and other spices in the roasting juices, so I'd say it was a win. I thought it was pretty tasty - it was kind of a cross between a pot roast and what my mom would call pepper steak, since it had tomatoes and spices roasted with the meat (and carrots and potatoes, of course). I also heated up some twice baked potatoes just in case the roast was terrible, which it turned out was overkill, but all in all it was tasty.

Then, [censored] and I watched a Trevor Noah comedy special, and then I tidied up, folded laundry, etc. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: