Wednesday, February 15, 2023

slightly bored and severely confused

Today was better than yesterday, but it was probably the rush of adrenaline that comes with knowing that we're about to get inundated with snow and wind. I also had a 9:30am in-person meeting, which is incredibly rare in my new world (and in my old world, where no one went to the office even after we were all supposed to go to the office). I went into town to talk to someone about the volunteer thing I'm getting involved in, and I think I'm now even more involved, which is pretty par for the course when it comes to me getting involved in things.

Then I ran to the grocery store to opportunistically stock up on things, came home, and realized I should have bought eggs, since they were the only thing I actually needed. I made lunch first (mason jar cobb salads, + one for me to eat today), and then ran back to the grocery store for eggs. Then I had a call, changed into my painting clothes, and did some bathroom painting. I only got two walls done, but it's going well, so hopefully I can wrap it up tomorrow.

When I lost interest in painting, I wrote for awhile and knocked out five pages. I also ate a v. late dinner right as [censored] got home - he beat the storm, but the winds are turning. We watched the ISU game and chatted for a bit, and now I am going to go to bed so that I can paint and write and cook again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: