Saturday, February 11, 2023

strike up the band and make the fireflies dance

I really didn't want to do anything at all today, but I forced myself out of bed sometime after 9:30 (heroic, I know) and tried to get cracking. That meant making coffee, showering, taking care of some random tings, and then driving to Indianola to buy paint. The samples I bought yesterday revealed a winner, and I decided to get the paint today so that I can do at least some painting tomorrow. The bathroom that we're (re)painting is not particularly big, but I also am really tired of painting, so my motivation fluctuates by the hour. Still, I would like for [censored] to be able to put in the toilet sometime in this decade, and I need to paint the wall behind the toilet before that happens.

So, I drove to Indianola, got paint, grabbed lunch, and drove home. This required a nap when I got here, which I took - and happily, [censored] installed two of the blinds in my bedroom while I was gone, so we'll see how I sleep tonight. The west blind and the balcony door drapes are still missing, but the east blinds were the ones I most needed, so this is v. exciting.

After I was done napping, I did a bunch of painting prep - almost everything is taped, although I need to get a ladder and tape a couple of remaining spots, grab some dropcloths, and generally finish my setup routine. However, I'm hopeful I can paint the whole bathroom tomorrow, but we'll see.

Eventually, I took a break, watched some of the ISU/OSU game, and then picked up pizza for supper. I got back just in time for the end of the game, which was stupid. And then I procrastinated while my book buzzed in the background of my brain - we'll see what comes out in the next couple of days.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: