Wednesday, February 22, 2023

but that was love, and it's an ache i still remember

It was a bleak day today - not as bad as it was north of here, where there was a lot of ice, but the clouds were low and oppressive all day.

Luckily, I slept until ten, so I skipped some of the bleakness. That wasn't overdoing it since I stayed up until almost two, but it feels weird in a midwestern town where a lot of jobs start at seven or eight (or earlier, in the case of my dad's employees). But I'm not one of my dad's employees, and I'm trying to find the rhythm that makes me the most productive/happiest, so we'll see.

After I got up, I journaled, and then I ate lunch - fish chowder is good, but it's quite weird for brunch, which is what I was actually in the mood for. Then I showered and eventually wrote for a couple of hours, which I was pretty happy with. At some point [censored] showed up several hours earlier than expected, since he was escaping the aforementioned ice - I had nothing to feed him, and he didn't want my chicken and rice leftovers from yesterday, so that was all very tragic.

Anyway, I spent the evening alternating between procrastinating and doing tasks that I needed to get done (but had been avoiding, in some cases), and I feel pretty good about what I accomplished. And now I'm going to bed at midnight instead of two in hopes that I get up earlier tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: