Wednesday, February 08, 2023

i skip stones and wonder how long 'til i'm discovered

I successfully wrote this morning before having any other obligations, so that felt great - it does seem to help to make coffee and then put on my noise canceling headphones and write before doing much of anything else. I got another four pages between my morning session + a brief session over dinner, and I'll totally take them.

After that, I had a chat with a college friend (Tanya, whom I'd lost touch with for years, but have recently reconnected with), and then I ate some leftover salmon and tidied up. I also took a v. quick nap before showering and getting ready for the second half of my day. This included another video chat, some exploration of paint colors, some kitchen time, and reheating leftover carbonara pasta for dinner. Then I went to a meeting of me and my mom's secret society, which was fun (and only briefly / mildly controversial, as any group with by-laws and amendments can sometimes be).

Then I drove home in the v. unwelcome rain, talked to [censored], and messed around online. And now I need to sleep since I have more video chats and more writing time tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: