Tuesday, February 07, 2023

would you miss me in the end if i run out of oxygen

I had an excellent first official post construction day, which felt amazing. It started off amazingly mostly because I was able to laze in bed until almost nine - I was awake by eight, but I had no desire to get out of bed, and I had no reason to because Randy wasn't here to start work and [censored] wasn't here to judge me.

Eventually, though, I did get out of bed - I made myself some coffee, foam rolled to get the kinks out of my shoulders, and then wrote for a solid hour. I got almost four pages, which was great - and they were four good pages, in that they revealed some story that I wasn't expecting.

If that was all I did today, I would have been delighted. However, I did have to stop writing so that I could take a shower, eat some lunch (a v. uninteresting but nostalgic Amy's enchilada, which was the frozen meal of choice when I lived with Adit a lifetime ago), and then run into town for a meeting related to a volunteer group I'm participating in. That meeting ended in thirty minutes, which was good news for me.

So, I washed my car (it was above freezing today! yay!) and then, on a whim, drove to Indianola to look at paint chips. I know, I literally just finished construction. But [censored] and I are going to repaint the bathroom, and I still need to paint the dining room, and I think I want to use Benjamin Moore instead of the paint I get locally (don't tell the local guys). So I got paint chips, and then I checked out a bookstore that I hadn't been to before - it was small, but I was pretty impressed with their fantasy/scifi section, so I picked up a couple of books on a whim.

Then I got gas for my Audi, which takes fancy fuel that I can't get near my house, and picked up groceries before driving home. When I got here, I messed around a bit before making dinner - a spicy miso carbonara pasta that I absolutely adored. I can't make it when [censored] is here because [censored], like the FDA, doesn't like undercooked eggs (and I'm guessing [censored]'s jury is also out on the amount of chili paste I put in it). But I loved it and have leftovers for the next couple of days, so that's a win.

After eating, I procrastinated a bit with Twitter, reread what I wrote today, and then finished a book I started reading last week - SATURNALIA, about an occult/alchemical secret society in Philadelphia in a near future when the climate is wrecked. It was pretty good, and I liked the writing, but I didn't love the ending (but that could just be me). Still, it was a much better use of my time than reading twitter, so I'm glad I finished it.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: