Monday, February 20, 2023

i'm just mad about saffron

I apparently forgot to blog yesterday, but the only thing that you missed was that I made a fish chowder which was not [censored]'s favorite...but I'd been craving it and I was v. happy to eat it, so hopefully [censored] will live. It was very bad repayment for the fact that [censored] put up my remaining office and bedroom blinds, but we're still speaking, so I think it's okay.

Today was pretty productive, all in all - I actually got dressed in real clothes and put on makeup when I woke up just to get myself into the work frame of mind, since all I wear anymore is variations on a pajama theme. The clothing seemed to help, or at least I was in the right mood - after I put my desk back together (since I'd had to tear apart my office to give [censored] access to the windows), I wrote approximately ten pages before / after lunch. This was more than I've written in a day in a v. v. long time, and [censored] is about to discover how weird I get when wandering around the house after a lot of writing in a day, which is something only Terry and Adit have deep experience with. I'm happy with how the story is going, although I suspect I'm currently wandering in a cul-de-sac that won't stay in the final draft, but we'll see.

At some point, I took a break for lunch (and made a v. tasty grilled ham and cheese sandwich). And I did some house stuff after I was done writing - mostly cleaning my pendants in my kitchen and testing some new bulbs, and also saying farewell to [censored]. At some point, I took trash to my dad's dumpster, and I ate some leftover chowder. I also did some stuff for the volunteer activity I'm getting involved in, since we have a meeting tomorrow. And I played some more Zelda, without perhaps making much progress, but it's hard to tell with that game. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: