Wednesday, February 01, 2023

please book me first-class to my fancy house in london town

The house remodel is tantalizing close to being finished - the flooring guy came today, and he finished the bathroom / linen closet / kitchen despite being by himself and despite gossiping with me for a good hour of his work day. All that's left for him is the pantry, dining room, and clean-up, so it's quite likely he'll get done tomorrow. That still leaves a bunch of trim/finish work for Randy, and some further plumbing adventures for [censored] (who likes to do that kind of stuff), but the end is near.

Beyond that, I have v. little to report. I did some minor tasks throughout the day based on my ability to focus, but I continue to find it hard to write when there's someone in my house and I can't put on my noise canceling headphones to ignore them. I also ate a v. late lunch of avocado toast - the flooring guy doesn't take a consistent noon break the way Randy does, and I was starving but didn't want to cook anything real while the flooring guy was working. So I made avocado toast, and I'm sure I was judged for it, but it was v. tasty.

After the flooring guy left, I did a bunch of tidying up, did some laundry, and ate some leftover coconut chicken curry. I also talked to Katie for an hour and a half, which was v. needed - we are the only ones who understand each others' experience with 1980s Iowa + living in big cities, so I miss being able to discuss that over margs at Bar Taco instead of over the phone.

Eventually, [censored] showed up, and even later, I decided I should sleep. I still haven't gotten around to crawling into bed, but perhaps it will happen soon. Goodnight!

No comments: