Tuesday, February 14, 2023

pushing out what you're never getting back

It was a grim and grey day in ye olde Iowa - it rained off and on throughout, which I suppose is better than the snow we're supposed to get on Thursday, but it was still unpleasant. I blame the weather for my extreme lack of desire to do anything today, but it could also be that I found all the tasks on my list to be rather unappealing.

Despite that, I did get more done than I might have expected. I made a tasty omelette and did some quality journaling, which is always a good thing. I also did a bunch of painting prep - Randy would have been done painting by now, but Randy also didn't have to paint around a brand new vanity / medicine cabinet / flooring, and so didn't have to prep as carefully. However, I got everything meticulously covered in plastic / tape, and I figured out my supplies, so I'm ready to make a dent in the paint job tomorrow. I also touched up a couple of things in my bedroom that needed touched up while I was at it, so at least that's done.

After that, I probably should have painted, but instead I did some other tasks, tidied up, and made some roasted brussels sprouts and a (defrosted, reheated) twice baked potato to go with leftover barbecue chicken that my parents sent me home with last night. And I managed to write five pages tonight, which I will totally take.

And now, I need to go to bed so that I can accomplish all the things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: