Saturday, June 10, 2023

blame it all on my roots, i showed up in boots

Today was my niece Allie's wedding, which is why I'm in a hotel in Cedar Rapids. I got up this morning, threw a bunch of stuff into the car, showered, etc. and headed to Cedar Rapids. When I got here, I met up with [censored], and we had a v. delicious lunch at a burger and sandwich place nearby. Then, we got ready, and I tried to remember how to put on eye shadow after many months of not getting dressed up for anything.

Then, we drove to the wedding venue just in time for family photos, followed by (of course) the wedding. Allie looked gorgeous, and we all like her new husband, and the venue was pretty, so it was all lovely. Dinner was barbecue, and it was pretty perfect. And [censored] and I knew the photographer because she is from our town and did family photos for us a couple of years ago, so we had a couple of sidebar convos with her that were hilarious.

Eventually, my side of the family bailed (my parents drove home, but [censored] and I stayed up here in case we stayed at the wedding later). And now, it's time to sleep so I can get back to my house tomorrow - goodnight! 

No comments: