Tuesday, June 06, 2023

wake me up inside

I have nothing of note to report today - I spent most of it working on stuff for the mural festival, which is not writing, but still has to get done. I did get up earlyish (for me) and get ready since someone came to give me a quote on putting in some new HVAC systems this summer - tl;dr: HVAC is expensive but I should probably do some tings before my 35-year-old furnace fails and other tings before I broil to death in my sleep.

Then I went into town (the other town) and had a long meeting related to the mural festival. After that was done, I came home, ate some popcorn, considered my to-do list, and promptly decided to get some groceries rather than tackling those problems. In the evening, I made a v. tasty pasta - it was a mashup of a couple of recipes I found online, and was basically an aglio and olio pasta (aka garlic and olive oil) that I added jarred kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts to (along with some feta + some basil from my smart garden). My parents had invited me out for supper, but I declined because [censored] isn't here this week and so I can indulge my inner need for funky, pungent flavors, and this pasta fit the bill.

Along with making supper, I also did some laundry, talked to both parents and [censored], watered [censored]'s [censored], etc. And then I spent the last three or so hours doing mural festival stuff to get ahead of my to-do list (which I am behind on, so maybe I shouldn't claim I'm getting ahead). And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: