Thursday, June 22, 2023

hey romeo, let's go down to mexico

I'm exhausted because I didn't sleep well last night and I woke up with a headache - but I don't have much of a headache now, so I don't think my head's encounter with the kitchen cabinet caused any long-term issues. I do seem to have more of an aversion to looking at screens right now than I usually do, but maybe that's just boredom, idk.

Anyway, when I woke up, I drank a bunch of cold brew and cranked through several hours of tasks that I needed to get done. Then I showered, ate a sandwich, and made a ridiculously fast trip to Des Moines. I have a friend visiting next week and I needed to stock up on some supplies for that, and since I hadn't done a Costco run since April, I was in dire need of the tings I get there. I didn't tell my northern relatives that I was in town because it was 94 degrees out (literally, not figuratively) and there's no easy way to buy groceries and then have dinner in that kind of heat.

But it did encourage me to crank through my errands as quickly as possible, since I didn't want to let anything sit in the car (although I did take two coolers and put a lot of stuff in them that I normally wouldn't). I went to two Targets, Lowes, Costco, and Whole Foods, as well as a bookstore in Indianola and a gas station, and I was only gone from home 5.5 hours, so I'd say I was close to maximally efficient.

I wasn't as efficient as [censored], however, since [censored] made a temporary repair to my cabinet door that makes the break almost unnoticeable. This is v. nice since now I won't necessarily think of how I cracked it with my head every time I look at it. I did order an actual replacement door today, but [censored]'s skills are once again unparalleled.

So I got home around seven, unloaded everything from my car, loaded [censored] into it, and drove to town for Mexican food since it was too late to cook anything. It was just as delicious as always, and suspiciously (but happily) fast, and the conversations we were overhearing were pretty entertaining. So, that was a nice way to end the night.

Then we came home, watched some comedy stuff on TV, and I retreated to my room to do one or two minor tasks. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: