Monday, June 12, 2023

i was the last one you thought you'd see there

I didn't blog yesterday because I decompressed from the wedding by playing six hours of Zelda instead #noregrets.

When I woke up yesterday, I didn't feel all that great - and in this modern age, that means the inevitable wondering if it's allergies or covid. But I rallied long enough for [censored] and I to have breakfast - we, somewhat oddly, went to the Hy-Vee deli (note: Hy-Vee is the main grocery chain in Iowa, like Safeway). This was a good mood since the food was surprisingly good, and I was also able to get my beloved venti cold brew from the in-store Starbucks for the drive home.

The drive was entirely uneventful, and thus v. boring and hard to stay awake for. But I made it home, took a (negative) covid test, and promptly spent the rest of the day playing Zelda. It was a good way to relax, and it emptied my thoughts, and now I'm so over-played on Zelda that I can put it away for a few days and get other stuff done.

So, today, I was surprisingly productive for a Monday - usually I have some Monday scaries to continue my Sunday scaries, but since I didn't allow Sunday scaries into my Zelda marathon, there were no Monday scaries to get started with. I spent some time organizing myself and my life, did some writing tasks, did a bunch of Walldogs stuff, etc. I also had lunch with [censored], and I made us burrito bowls for dinner, which were delish. And I took a walk this afternoon, since it was quite nice and my body suddenly rebelled over the fact that it had been staring at a screen all day.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: