Thursday, June 08, 2023

you were just like me with someone disappointed in you

I was pretty productive today despite staying up way too late last night playing Zelda, but I've already washed my face and taken my contacts out in an attempt to avoid a similar late night tonight. Today was good, though - I wrote for three hours this morning, and then I took a quick shower, ate a quick lunch of leftovers, and went to the hospital to get my allergy shots. This time, the one on my right arm swelled up - nothing dangerous, just not comfy. But I'm doing allergy shots because I have a bad reaction to allergens, so this is to be expected.

While I was there, I did some mural festival stuff on my laptop for the thirty minutes I had to sit around. Then I ran out to my parents' house to take care of a couple of tings, came home and tidied up, watered [censored]'s [censored], made some cold brew, etc. I was supposed to have tonight to myself, but I got persuaded to go to a city council meeting (not for my town - for a town that's even smaller than my town) to talk about the mural festival. That discussion went well, I think, so it was worth going (and I didn't have to drive, since Nancy picked me up).

After I got dropped off, I spent an hour on my balcony taking care of some mural emails while drinking an aperol spritz in protest of the fact that I'm not currently in a Mediterranean country like I want to be. Then I made some scrambled eggs and toast for a late dinner, started to fall asleep, rallied, and did some writing business stuff until now. And now I'm tapped out and need to sleep since this is a busier-than-usual weekend - goodnight!

No comments: