Friday, June 09, 2023

the sidewalks shimmer just like diamonds

My day was too full of doing stuff with other people - definitely a good problem to have, although I'm itching to write and didn't get enough of it done this week. I woke up this morning, showered, walked to city hall to pay my water bill, and stopped by the lumber yard to talk briefly to the owner. Then, I came home and greeted Drewbaby, who was down here for the day to do a morning work meeting. We chatted for a bit, and then went into town to have lunch with my parents and my Aunt Dee. This is a confusing development for blog readers and local gossips alike, because Drewbaby is my cousin and Aunt Dee is my aunt, but they are not related to each other (Drewbaby is my dad's brother's son, and Aunt Dee is my mom's sister).

After we had lunch, I drove Drewbaby around for just a bit, and then we said our farewells. I did a couple of hours of tings (and also took a nap), watered [censored]'s [censored], etc. And then I went back into town, picked up Mexican takeout, and took it to my parents' house. Aunt Dee is here to go to my niece's wedding tomorrow, so we hung out this evening, which was really nice.

Then I came home, painted my nails in preparation for said wedding, and watched a couple of writing / productivity videos to pass the time while they dried. And now I need to sleep so I can get out of here tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: