Friday, June 16, 2023

back door cracked, we don't need a key

I had a reasonably productive day today. I got up this morning, did a bit of work, and showered before having a coaching call related to some writing / strengths class I took. There was only one other person in the session besides the coach, so I'm glad I dialed in for it because it turned into a semi-private coaching session that was way better than I was expecting.

Then, I did a bit more work, ate some leftover pulled pork for lunch (it was excellent), and went to an eye appointment. This was 25mi north of my house, which wasn't too bad. The doctor was nice, and I mostly liked the people there, but I had a slightly confusing experience when ordering contacts/glasses...and was annoyed when I got a call after I'd already driven most of the way home that the woman forgot to measure my eye distances and so I needed to come back to do that for my glasses. Of course, I couldn't make it back before they closed even if I wanted to. So, I'll have to deal with that another time.

When I got home, I discovered that [censored] had v. graciously installed the front doorbell camera, but thanks to an incompatibility/bug (caused by my former employer), [censored] couldn't add it to the app. I tried to do it too, and ultimately had to do what [censored] had found as the only workaround on the forums - uninstall all the other devices, and then install the doorbell as the first object in the 'home'. Luckily the workaround worked, and it's great to have a video doorbell for the front door. And, [censored] is a genius and figured out how to get the doorbell to work with Marvin's original doorbell chime, which plays fun things like the William Tell Overture or La Cucaracha, so that's a delight.

To celebrate, we went to La Bota for dinner, and then came home and talked about sheep. And then I sat on my balcony to decompress for a bit before coming inside, painting my nails, and messing around online. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: