Saturday, June 03, 2023

cut me down where the water meets the sea

It continues to be oppressively hot here, which continues to be a welcome change from the dreariness of an Iowa winter. I spent the morning and early afternoon on my balcony, and I got a lot of good writing / working done, so I'm happy about that. At some point, it got too hot to be outside, so I took a nap, and then I worked in my basement for a couple of hours. This required changing into sweats, since my basement is 15 degrees colder than my bedroom and 25 degree colder than outside. But it was good to take inventory of my food supplies and rearrange things so that I can start organizing other stuff down there tomorrow.

Then, I took a shower and went to my parents' house, where mom and dad made delish barbecued chicken with twice baked potatoes. After that, [censored] and I came home, and we chatted for a bit before I absconded upstairs to work on my book a tiny bit more.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: