Thursday, June 15, 2023

loan out a billion, i get back a trillion

I'm v. tired - I didn't go to bed early enough last night, and I set my alarm for 7:30am (a travesty) specifically so that I could put a pork butt in the oven to roast all day. Roasting all day is usually not recommended when it's 90 degrees out, but the oven temperature was only 250 degrees, and I wanted pulled pork more than I wanted to be comfortable.

So, I got up, got the pork out of the fridge and let it warm up for 45min while talking to [censored], and then slid it into the oven. While it roasted, I spent several hours working on writing-related stuff on my balcony, which was great. Then I had a sandwich, relaxed a bit, did some mural festival stuff, took a shower, and went to the grocery store.

When I got home, the pork butt was coming up to temperature faster than I expected (it only took nine hours, and I thought it would be closer to ten), so I got ambitious and made potatoes au gratin instead of roasting mini potatoes like I'd planned. Just as I put them into the oven, I ended up making impromptu plans with my mom for my parents to come over for dinner. Luckily, there were enough potatoes for four, although they turned out amazingly well and I think we all could have been greedy and had some more. I also harvested the lettuce from my Smart Garden and made a v. tasty salad, and the pork, once it was pulled, was excellent. So all in all, it was a nice dinner, even if we had to sit lined up at the counter since I still don't have anything nice going on in my dining room.

After my parents left, I cleaned up a bit, and then relaxed on my balcony. [Censored] joined me for a bit, but i ran out of steam, and so I decided to call it a night. And now I'm actually going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: