Monday, October 16, 2023

rain keeps beating on the rooftop, muddying the glass

The changing weather is kicking my hoarding instincts into gear, so I ran to Des Moines today to buy groceries. It was actually nice today and appears destined to be nice all week, but my freezer is mostly empty, so I stocked up on meat (I can't help it, I like organic chicken now and the massive chicken breasts at Fareway astonish me). I also bought some cheeses and a few other tings that I can't get locally. And, I bought a toilet (not at Whole Foods) - my bathroom is in desperate need of a new one, but that required me picking one out, which I had not wanted to spend any energy doing this summer.

Since I wanted [censored]'s help unloading it and [censored] was leaving tonight, I made my trip as fast as possible - I left here around eleven and was back by 4:15. Then I said goodbye to [censored], made myself a boulevardier, and had a long chat with my friend Sara, who wanted some advice about some work stuff (hence the boulevardier). After we were done, I reheated some leftover burrito bowl and read a book. And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: