Monday, October 23, 2023

i cooked the books and threw my combinations

Today was pretty good, all in all - I sent a bunch of emails that I've been ignoring / avoiding responding to. which felt great as soon as I was done with them. I also got allergy shots, which I didn't react to quite as badly as I often do. And I had a ham sandwich for lunch, which is lowkey one of my favorite things to eat, so that was pretty delightful.

In the afternoon, I had a call with my friend Heather (aka dear respected madam) and took care of various tings. Eventually, I said farewell to [censored], sat on my balcony for a little bit to take advantage of the last eighty degree day, and then made dinner. I tried a new-to-me sheet pan recipe with butternut squash, brussels sprouts, red onion, chicken breast, and a maple syrup / dijon marinade, and it was *excellent* - not necessarily something that would be [censored]'s favorite, but it will have to go into the rotation for when I'm here by myself. It would be even easier with precut butternut squash, since cutting the squash took more time than all the rest of the prep combined, but c'est la vie.

After I ate, I cleaned up a bit and then did more email / writing tasks. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: