Tuesday, October 31, 2023

your side of town

I have officially stayed up too late and I almost feel like I'm getting a cold, so I need to go to bed ASAP. But today was good - I had breakfast in my hotel, did some v important writing/work stuff, and then showered and packed. I ordered a poke bowl from my favorite Denver poke place for lunch, and it was as tasty as always.

Then I checked out and drove to Lafayette to see Caroline + special guest Aaron. I hadn't seen Aaron since I left my job last year, and it was really nice to see him in a more introverted setting (he and Caroline are the introverts, not me). We hung out for a couple of hours, and then I drove to Boulder and checked into my hotel. It's nice to be back and see the mountains, which are dramatically snowy. But I holed up and ate a much needed steak in the hotel while doing some work, and then I read for a few hours. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: