Wednesday, October 25, 2023

i laid the groundwork and then just like clockwork the dominoes cascaded in a line

I apparently forgot to blog last night, but you didn't miss much - I mostly did stuff around the house yesterday (along with a v. productive writing session in the morning). I also picked up my car after getting it detailed, thanks to a ride from my mom - the detailing was a rather last-minute choice, but my car looks great, so I'm glad that I happened to see the last-minute opening for a detailing slot. And eventually, I went to the next town over to have dinner with Hannah - we went to the Pit Pony, which is relatively new and is so named in reference to the area's history with coal mining. It was a delight to see Hannah and my burger was tasty, so all in all it was a win.

Today was more of the same - my eyes are going blearly from looking at my computer all day (a mix of coming up with ideas and researching things, plus doing a bit of travel planning). But I did eventually leave the house for a meeting of my secret society - I suppose we discussed secrets, but we mostly met and then ate snacks, and I took the end of the meeting to talk to the president (who is the only person in the group younger than me) about Britney Spears' new autobiography. I'm counting that as a win.

Then I came home, talked to [censored] for a bit, and spent the last couple of hours back on my computer. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: