Sunday, October 29, 2023

wait for them to ask you who you know

I had an extremely lazy, unexpected snow day. Denver got eight or so inches of snow overnight, mostly after I arrived, and it was still coming down this morning when I opened my drapes to look out upon the world. Katie and I were supposed to grab brunch, but she wasn't feeling well; I had tentative plans to see Aunt B, but she got even more snow than Denver did. So, I holed up in my hotel and had a mini writing retreat, which suited me perfectly.

After showering and spending some quality time getting ready, I went downstairs and had breakfast. I wrote in my journal and observed the world while eating some tasty food and drinking excellent coffee, and I was quite satisfied. Then, I took my laptop to the lobby and wrote for awhile. I eventually relocated to the bar, where I had a glass of rosé and some fries while finishing the book I started reading last night. And then I wrote some more until my eyes got tired and I decided I needed a nap.

Eventually, I did vacate the hotel - the sun came out in the late afternoon, and the buildings around here did a great job clearing their sidewalks, so I walked over to Larimer Square and grabbed some tasty enchiladas. It was still too cold for my tastes (it never got above freezing today), but the walk did me good. Then I returned to my room, wrote for another couple of hours, and then did some desultory internet scrolling for the rest of the night.

All in all, it was a good day - and hopefully tomorrow is equally nice (with slightly less snow and more socializing). Goodnight!

No comments: